Processing papers to be published
in journal "Woda-Śroodowisko-Obszary Wiejskie"
Ostatnia aktualizacja: 2015-06-17
- Submitted paper should be a result of original Author’s study on the socio-economic, technical-technological and environmental-economic aspects of strategic and operational issues of national, regional and local range, concerning the protection, development and rational use of the environment, including: water resources, soil resources, permanent resources of grassland, as well as resources of species and landscape diversity in the process of sustainable and multifunctional development of agricultural and rural areas, as well as their transformations and technical and biological infrastructure.
- Submission of the paper means it has not been published previously, is not submitted elsewhere and does not violate author’s rights, legal and material interests of the third parties in view of the act of 4. Feb. 1994 on author’s rights and related rights (Dz. U. Nr 24, poz. 83).
- The manuscript is submitted through the editorial system:
- Submitted manuscript is accompanied by declaration_1, where author/s declare that:
- the paper has not been published previously, is not submitted elsewhere and does not violate author’s rights, legal and material interests of the third parties in view of the act of 4. Feb. 1994 on author’s rights and related rights (Dz. U. Nr 24, poz. 83) and
- in case of acceptance the author/s agree to publish the paper and his/her/their personal data on web page of the Editorial Office.
To comply with scientific standards and social responsibility („ghostwriting” barrier) the input from each author should be disclosed in the same declaration. Author submitting the paper bears the main responsibility.
Note: the text of declaration is available at: http://www.itp.edu.pl/wydawnictwo/woda
- All signs of scientific unreliability, violation of ethical norms and scientific standards will be documented and revealed on the web page of the Editorial Office. Authors’ parent institutions and editors from appropriate scientific disciplines will be informed of such cases.
- Submitted manuscripts will be subject to formal evaluation by the Editorial Board (agreement with journal’s profile, technical requirements) and sent to Thematic Editor, who proposes two independent referees from outside Editorial Committee, Scientific Board, parent institute of the journal and of the Author.
- Peer-review procedure agrees with recommendations described in a brochure by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education titled: „Good practices in peer-reviewing procedures in science”, Warsaw, 2011. Double blind model is applied in the procedure.
- Referees are selected from among renown specialists in a given discipline. Selected reviewer, preferably full professor or associate professor, should guarantee:
- independent judgement,
- no conflict of interests expressed particularly in the lack of personal or official relationships with Author,
- confidentiality as to the merit of the paper and referee’s opinion.
- For texts written in a foreign language, at least one Referee is invited from a foreign institution, other than the Author’s nationality.
- Editor directs the manuscript to selected referees (without Author’s name and affiliation) supplemented with the reviewer form and information on estimated time for reviewing (maximum 3 weeks).
- Review should have a written form and end up with conclusion on the acceptance or rejection of the paper.
- Referee’s name may be disclosed exclusively upon Author’s request and Referee’s agreement in case of negative verdict or paper containing arguable elements.
- Reviewed papers are confidential and anonymous. Referees are not allowed to utilise their results before publication.
- List of referees is published once a year in the last issue of the journal and on the web page of the Editorial Office.
- Referee passes the review (preferably in an electronic form + printed copy) to the Editorial Office at the address given in reviewing form. Secretary, after consulting the Editor-in-Chief or at the meeting of the Editorial Commitee:
- sends the paper to Author, who makes corrections, answers referees’ objections and returns improved version of the manuscript back to the Editorial Office,
- sends revised version of the paper to Referee for further reviewing if such was his/her conclusion.
- Revised manuscript together with declaration_2 (text available at http://www.itp.edu.pl/wydawnictwo/woda) should be retuned to the Editorial Office within 15 days since receiving. Otherwise, the text will be printed in the next issue of the journal.
- Final decision upon printing based on referees’ remarks and revised version of the manuscript is with Editorial Office/Editorial Committee. If the decision is negative Editor-in-Chief decides upon rejection or sending the paper to a third Referee
- Accepted papers are subject to editorial and linguistic correction and adjusted (shortened, supplemented with mid-titles, reformatted) in cooperation with Author. Final version is sent to Author for proofing (only absolutely necessary corrections are allowed at this stage).
- After proof correction the paper is directed to print.
- Invited and non-scientific papers do not require reviewing and are qualified for printing by Editor-in-Chief.
- Authors are advised to become acquainted with the notions „ghostwriting” and „guest authorship” („honorary authorship”) at web pages of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Authors do not obtain fees for publications. Authors from scientific institutions other than ITP will pay for publishing their papers.
Please contact dr hab. Halina Jankowska-Huflejt, Secretary of the Editorial Office, Head of the Editorial Department at the Institute of Technology and Life Sciences in Falenty, phone +48 22 720 05 98. e-mail: H.Jankowska@itp.edu.pl for any information on publishing papers and monographs.
Dział Wydawnictw ITP/Editorial Office
Falenty, al. Hrabska 3, 05-090 Raszyn, Polska
tel. +48 22 243 54 54,
fax +48 22 735 75 06
Please use full title of our journal in references