About the Institute
Object of activities of the Institute
The Institute conducts research and development in the life sciences and technology - 72.1 PKD in the following areas:
- protection, use, landscaping and infrastructure in rural areas, water resources, agro-ecosystems, permanent grassland, the environment and nature conservation of lowlands and mountainous areas;
- innovative, complex technologies in production of crop, livestock, including fish, and food processing, technical infrastructure in villages and obtaining energy from renewable sources;
- Safety of the implemented technologies as well as usage of machinery and equipment.
The scope of the Institute’s activities is to conduct research and development and operational implementation, informing people, counselling, education, training, promotion, inventive, and monitoring, in such areas as:
- agricultural engineering and technical solutions applied to crop and livestock production, including fish;
- agro-energy, including bioenergy and other renewable energy sources;
- water supply and drainage engineering, land reclamation and of water resources management for agriculture, construction of buildings as well as flood protection facilities;
- construction of rural buildings and roads;
- materials engineering and operation of technical equipment in agriculture;
- engineering and technology of rural sanitation and sanitary condition of the village, along with disposal of sewage sludge, and municipal waste, and from food processing;
- shaping and usage of the surface structure and spatial order, agriculture and rural infrastructure, system infrastructure, technical and technological management of the environment and landscape;
- conservation of nature, biodiversity and landscape in rural areas;
- economy of permanent grasslands in lowlands, foothills and mountains, feed production technology, the threats and conservation of grassland habitats, soil and water;
- water management in agriculture and rural areas, irrigation and drainage, water shortages, flooding, inundation and water balances;
- pollution and protection of water quality, as well as wastewater and sewage management and disposal in rural areas;
- shaping the environmental conditions in the agricultural buildings and reduction of greenhouse gases, odours and dust emissions from agricultural sources;
- safety of use of agricultural machinery;
- economics, organization and mechanization of agriculture and programs of energetic development in agriculture and rural areas.
The Institute carries out tasks of standardization, approval, control and verification, certification and homologation, together with maintaining accredited laboratories, certifying body and notified body.