About the Institute > Structure and Scope of work > ITP Laboratory > Research Laboratories
Research Laboratory of Biofuels and Agro-energetic Systems - LBBiUA
Scope of work:
- Research focused on improvement of physical properties of liquid biofuels:
- Improvement of temperature properties of methylated esters of various origins;
- Research on installation of refinery for methylated esters produced in-house by agricultural manufacturer;
- Research on installation of refinery for vegetable oils produced in-house by agricultural manufacturer.
- research of methods of glycerine phase utilisation:
- Studying of co-incineration of glycerine phase in presence of biomass;
- studying of possibilities of glycerine phase usage in fertilisation of vegetation;
- usage of glycerine phase in biogas production.
- Study of cogeneration processes:
- energetic balance analysis of energy produced by power generator;
- Study of influence of variety of gaseous fuels and bioliquids on functionality of cogeneration system;
- Analysis of fumes for environmental pollutants emissions.
- Study of co-incineration of various biofuels in efficient cogeneration system.
- . Analysis of carbon footprint of agroenergetic technologies in RES:
- Modelling of reduction of CO2 emissions by implementing RES in agriculture.
- Configuration of data for LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) software
- Analysis of external characteristics of agricultural tractors
- Powered by methylated esters of various origins;
- Powered by clean vegetable oils;
- Powered by biogas.
- Testing efficiency of biogas biomass for renewable energy use;
- Testing argoenergetic synergistic systems
- Testing small wind turbines for farms needs.
- Testing photovoltaic systems usage on farms.
- Testing possibilities of geothermal installation usage for heating livestock buildings.
- Model testing usage of argoenergetic multi source synergy systems.